| WHAT IS THE TRAILBLAZE CHALLENGE?|
Designed as an endurance event, the Trailblaze Challenge gives participants the opportunity to hike 30 miles of the Mahican-Mohawk Trail all in one amazing day! This is a hike, not a race, and caters to all levels from novice to advanced outdoor enthusiasts. As well as being an extraordinary physical test, the real challenge is to raise much needed funds to grant the wishes of children in Connecticut with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich their lives with hope, strength and joy. By supporting the Trailblaze Challenge, you will help Make-A-Wish Connecticut grant 240 wishes statewide this year.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY HIKE EXPERIENCE?
- Specialized training program including a workout calendar and bi-weekly group hikes
- Training clinics: hiking boots, socks and other trail essentials, hydration, nutrition and cross training
- Support and coaching from experienced Hike Leaders and Make-A-Wish staff
- Hotel Accommodations on hike weekend (3 days/2 nights)
- Trailblaze Challenge duo-dry shirt for hike weekend
- Transportation to and from the trail on Hike Day
- Friday night Pasta Party to carb load before the big day
- Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid, and encouragement
- Saturday evening post-hike Celebration to share trail stories
- Sunday post-hike Recognition Breakfast before heading home
IS THERE A FEE TO PARTICIPATE?
Each trailblazer will be asked to raise a minimum amount of funds to cover their expenses and to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. A $100 personal donation is requested at the time of registration and will be credited toward your fundraising goal.
HOW WILL I REACH MY GOALS?
Make-A-Wish will support hike participants each step of the way by providing each participant with a personalized fundraising webpage, as well as sponsorship and fundraising materials, tips and advice. Each Trailblazer will be provided with a specialized training program and will be invited to attend bi-weekly group training sessions and informal meet-ups.
Take the opportunity to push your limits and truly challenge yourself. Grab your friends, family, and co-workers and make a difference on the Trailblaze Challenge!